Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday

Thanks for the contributions from the maddening crowd. We're all not that far away.

In looking at my picture options, I found out that I already have a Walgreen's account, and over 400 pics in a Google account that I didn't even know existed. Further evidence that data out there would preclude me from running for Dogcatcher. And that doesn't even consider the tapes on those hidden cameras.

Short tonight.

The one item that does come to mind is the music used by the spin instructors. Since the sessions are designed to be up-tempo, the music is a little faster apace (and louder) than anything that I would normally listen to. By artists whom I don't know (or know vaguely), and whose music has no appeal to me. I actually try to make out the words at times, but it's all guess-work.

At coffee this morning, I brought up the thought and one of the gals threw some light on one of the songs that is a fav of the oh-dark-hundred instructor. I had remembered the refrain, "If you liked it, you shoulda put a ring on it". Turns out that this is a popular song by Beyonce. The gal at coffee said I would really get off on the video.

So I bit, and looked up the lyrics tonight through Google, and I wasn't even close on the entry lines. I had thought she was saying, "I'm a single A", in reference to a finger's ring size. (I don't know how fingers are sized for rings either.) And I couldn't have guessed those other lyrics if my life had depended upon it.

Which makes one wonder, even if it's not Gangsta Rap, exactly how is Hope 'n Change advanced if the entertainment and sports leaders whom the youth admire continually lower the bar for standard language and conduct?

BTW... obeying the male genetic code, I pulled up the video from YouTube. (Is that legal?) It was 3:29 long. I lasted a little over a minute. Bring on Shania and "Man, I feel Like a Woman". She even out "oh-oh's" Beyonce. You can look it up.

So I have a big day tomorrow. Spin. Work. C-town with my pal Pete and the Augie game at North Park College. (I wish it was the mall!)

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we provide web site design, flash web site design, graphic design, banner design, flash intro, flash banner, web development, web application, product developement, 2d and 3d animation and etc. for more details http://www.geminimedia.co.in