Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday

Last night got away from me.

The trip back from North Park ended about 12:15AM, which is very late for me. Actual driving time from their gym on the North side of C-town to my house was just over two and a half hours which is pretty good. No pit-stopping, and with the I-Pass, you don't even slow down at the toll plazas.

My planned visit to 4 in IC last night was delayed until Sunday lunch. The Hawks had a home game last night, and I didn't want to fight "the crowd" at The Airliner. 4 reports that members of the team came by the sorority house earlier in the week and pleaded for the girls to attend the game. Pretty sad when a Big Ten school can't get their own students to come follow the team. 4 says that they are basically giving away tickets to get people to the games.

Another bit of marginal analysis. Since I've picked up the spin class schedule, my laundry needs have increased. I'm talking about extra t-shirts, socks and towels that require, on average, an extra two medium loads of washing per week. I'm working on the numbers, but you've got costs for water, detergent, electricity (washer), natural gas (dryer), and, of course, the depreciation on the washer/dryer as well as the clothes themselves. Not to mention the membership fee for Gold's.

And while the Green crowd might normally think that the fitness aspects of the gym are all positive, you have that carbon footprint for the gas/tires/oil/etc. from the car to get to the gym. And the bottled water. Its a problem.

So we have The Big Game this weekend. (Can't call it the Super Bowl here because of copyright issues.) The hype almost always out-does the game. I see in the news that the Big O has admitted an affinity to the Steelers. Do the Cards dare show up and go against the tide? I have a level of interest that exceeds that of those who watch the game for the commercials, but I'll be more interested in the conclusion of the Phoenix golf tournament on Sunday rather than the game.

4 is scheduling her Spring break trip to Beantown to see 3. St. Patrick's Day in Boston? I'm thinking that there may be a party involved.

Biaggi's and a little Tuscan red tonight.

Have a great day.

BCOT

No comments: