Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday

It's Thursday. Do you know if your money's safe?

Another day. Another day of political posturing. Under the assumption that they do figure out a deal, the market is still in for a bumpy ride. Way too many weak points in the broader economy. The "free ride" of easy credit is coming home to roost.

And whatever the circumstances, let's not offend David Letterman.

We had an example in the office today of the difficulty in getting to the paperless society. We have 10 years of files in the basement and have never had them scanned into the computer system. So we need a record from a 2002 tax return, and its, "get out the ladder" to find box #433 on the top shelf of a floor-to-ceiling shelving system.

I think that they actually have companies who go into firm like ours and spend weeks scanning the old files into the servers. Then you can free up the space in the basement and bring in the Foosball table.

I strained my left gastrocnemius muscle last night when doing my run with 2. This is the same injury that I have suffered most every year that I have done training. While I am guilty of the lack of stretching, before and after, I theorize that I'm fine as long as my stride is a "shuffle". If I actually start to simulate a true "running" step, the ole gastro starts to cry out. So my solution is to shuffle.

I've also wondered about my shoes. (Remember the old Jordan-Spike Lee commercials, "Its the shoes"?) I haven't bought new shoes for over four years. A life time to a runner. So I may venture over to Running Wild this weekend and check out some new Saucony's. My pal Pete says that its always the shoes.

Speaking of my pal Pete, he's over at ND this weekend with another lawyer friend at the annual ND Estate Planning Conference. (I attended the same conference a couple of times in the '80's. Its a fairly highly regarded program.) The two of them go every other year or so. Its almost always held the Thursday Friday before a home football game. The Irish have Purdue on Saturday. So the boys'll get to see PU pick apart the ND secondary.

Have a great Friday.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. you should never ADMIT to not buying running shoes in over four years.
2. you should never go four years without buying new running shoes.
3. GO TWINS