Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday

Just a few lines tonight.

I didn't get up to go with the boys to DeWitt early this AM. I chose the SBs route instead. (I read parts of the NYT, but not the magazine. Is there anybody in that paper who claims to be a Republican? Actually, the William Safire column wore me out. Each paragraph had at least one word that was new to me. Does he write with a Roget at his side?)

My ride this afternoon was a 33-miler to McCausland and back. Didn't enjoy a single part of it. Is that a sign that the biking season is over? It seemed like I was riding into a head wind regardless of the direction that I was headed. And I was passed a couple of times by guys who made me feel like I was standing still. (As a general rule, those biker studs are not a friendly lot. They usually make no effort at a greeting, or a response to mine.)

This especially to 4. I went through an, "I lost my glasses", episode yesterday morning. She had a problem with car keys one memorable time last year. Weren't they found in the garbage at the gas station? In my case, I had taken my regular glasses along in Margret for morning coffee while wearing my sun glasses. I reached for the regular glasses when I arrived at SB, but they weren't on the seat beside me. I rationalized that I had left them at home.

When I got home later on, I looked, but couldn't find the glasses. I looked twice in and under Margret's seats. No luck. I was confounded. On a "retrace your steps" protocol, I stopped at the 18th and 53rd streets BP (where I had purchased the Saturday papers on the way to SBs) on my way out of town on my ride, including going through the garbage where I had deposited a small bag of such stuff on my way into the store. Still no luck. As a final act, I went in and asked the clerk if anyone had turned in a set of glasses. Bingo! Someone had found them on the sidewalk outside the door to the store. Life is full of such unintended fun.

2 now has an operational Weber grill at her new house. With a supply of charcoal and lighter fluid. She's doing a nice job with her new place.

Busy week in my future. September 15th is a due date for 2007 corporate returns, and I have a small hand full to finish up. Not one of my favorite times of the year.

Hope everyone has a great day.

BCOT

No comments: