Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday



The reason that my ashes are to be spread at the top of Mt. Rose is because I expect you guys to always get back to Lake Tahoe together. (BTW, do the spreading surreptitiously. I don't think that permission is likely from the local constabulary. And any of you "green" folk in the peanut gallery, "Get over it!")

It has been difficult to concentrate on work these last couple of days as I have been enjoying the unbiased reporting of the Democratic National Convention from Denver. I may not be able to sleep to night from the excitement of Hillary's speech.

2 was tangentially related to a Big O story on last night's local news. The Big O was in town for a small gathering of undecideds (right!), and somehow he was encouraged to call the proprietor of Ross's in Bettendorf, one of our favorite breakfast places. And home to the Magic Mountain, a concoction of pancakes, eggs, gravy and who knows what else. 2 is the only person whom I know who orders a Morning Mountain. No wonder she's a Big O supporter!

My pal Roy is at Yankee Stadium tonight for the Boston-New York game. I'm a little envious. But from a Aesop-ian point of view, it is an American League game. (You might need Wikipedia to figure that one out.)

All for tonight.

BCOT

No comments: