Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday

Is Thursday night the official beginning of the Labor Day weekend? I did my 16 miler as a kick-off effort. With the days getting shorter, you really shouldn't be out on a bike much after 7.

Here's a little recognition to 1 and 1.1 since they won't be down here for the weekend.

Tonight does kick-off college football. Several games being played tonight. Personally, I've never got used to real football being played in August.

I'm still claiming to suffer from flight-cancellation hang-over. Ever since that middle-of-the-night automated call canceling our early morning departure for vacation, and the subsequent long day of travel, I have felt this odd mis-connection from normal. Yesterday, I failed to remember a 4:30 client meeting that had been on the schedule for a couple of weeks, and I had even double scheduled myself by making a date to see 4 for din-din in IC. In the end, I had to miss 4, and was a half hour late for my meeting. That's just being a step off on the dance routine.

Tonight is a big day in Major League Baseball. For the Cubs-Phillies game tonight, they are using Instant Replay for the first time. How long will it take for the umps/administrators to screw this one up? They are following the lead of Little League Baseball which used the concept in the recently completed LL WS.

What do you say that we get the two Presidential candidates and their handlers to agree to pull their respective favorite hole cards out of play for the Fall campaign? No race or soldier references, on offense or defense. Everybody knows the Big O is Black and that there hasn't been a Black President and that there has been prejudice in America against Blacks. Similarly, everybody knows that McCain spent several years in the Hanoi Hilton as a POW while in service to his country. I say, "Enough".

Another pretty decent, moderately-priced California Cabernet: Murphy Goode. Around $15.

4 is due home tonight for the first time since heading back to IC after Tahoe. Sounds like FFF this weekend. I'm considering a new grill, with a hand-me-down of my Weber to 2 for her new house. I've come to appreciate a little more space on the grill when I am cooking for more than two, and I've been checking out Labor Day sales at the home improvement stores.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be adding to the blog along the way.

BCOT

No comments: