Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wednesday


This has been a funny week. I've had to deal with a variety of challenges at work, and the place where I take Margret in for service managed to damage her rear passenger-side quarter panel in a very unfortunate accident in the shop. I've tried to take my pal Roy's advice and ratchet the tension down a few notches. Not working all that well at this point.

I've compared this incident with Margret as the automotive equivalent of going to the hospital for treatment, only to contract another disease while there. You could also relate it to the IT guy coming in for maintenance on the system, and then you not being able to run routine programs once he's gone.

3 is in NYC for the day chasing a job. She gets back tomorrow afternoon. In time for FFF at the museum, including 1 and 1.1.

Uncle Phil had a "small" heart attack over the weekend. Can any heart attack be small? I spoke with him today and he sounds pretty good. His drill will be to watch what he eats, and take a few more drugs. His diet will consist of mostly things that don't taste good. Lots better than the alternatives.

I've conducted a very unscientific survey and have concluded that 70% of pick-up trucks on rural Scott County roads are either black, white or red in color. (Someone may want to argue as to whether black and white are colors, but that's another discussion.) And red trucks usually pass you while going faster and closer to the cyclist than the black and white trucks.

I've continued to bike quite a bit. I did the Marycrest hill a couple of times on Saturday. It tilts at like 20 degrees near the top, much more steep than anything on Mt. Rose. Of course, its only an eighth of a mile or so in length. My pal Pete and I are doing an early run in the AM.

June was the worst June in the stock market since 1930. July has continued the slide. The argument is that stock are now "on sale" at reduced prices. The rub is that "reduced prices" does not necessarily mean that stocks are cheap. To be continued.

Reports on FFF to follow soon.

BCOT

No comments: