Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday

This has become a little perplexing to me as I find my enthusiasm for The Blog waning a bit on these long Summer Days. Part of the reality is that my training time is probably taking time directly away from 4KDays. When I was speaking with a biking friend last weekend about my schedule, he did a quick calculation and concluded that I was doing 10-12 hours a week on the bike. Which is a lot of time.

Then there is the additional reality that I have slipped into a more "current family history" type of topic-matter, and let's face it, we're not that interesting! Just kidding. But with 1 and 3 in the middle of job changes, 2 buying a house, and 4 juggling two internships and prep for senior year, my musings on this or that pale in comparison.

And we all spend more time outside and running around than in the cooler months. Even with the occasional hot day.

Whatever. I'll try to do better. I've got an idea or two for Tahoe.

Chicago today for a conference. It was a 24 hour trip that I began last night so as to avoid the morning rush. It also allowed me to get a ride in before departure. The conference was at the same facility as last Fall when I ran a photo of 1's birth hospital in Arlington Heights. Typically boring topic.

The storm that came through the QCA early Monday morning left a lot of people on the Illinois side without power. They say that winds got up to almost 100mph. Many, many trees uprooted or blown down. The PGA tournament course took a big hit. If the tournament had been this week, they would have had problems.

Anyone catch the WNBA brawl Tuesday night? The female columnist in USA Today (Brennan) was almost gloating about how women can now be as nasty as guys. Great logic.

This picture is of le Alpe Duez which was the climb a couple of days ago. Great stories.

I may have mentioned here that the traffic or weather gal on the WGN morning drive radio program is Mary Van de Velde, whose brother is the team leader for the Team Columbia team in the TdF. Monday was a rest day for the Tour, and the host of the radio show had Christian on the phone from France, live, talking about the prior day's stage! Very cool. (The host, Spike O'Dell, was a former QCA star who made the leap 15 years ago to C-town.)

More later.

BCOT

No comments: