Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday

This is a first. I'm riding with my friend Pete down to Bloomington, Illinois to watch Augie play at Illinois Wesleyan tonight. We'll see if the wireless thing works blasting down I-74. I decided to make the trip since I have never been on the Wesleyan campus. And not having to drive is a bonus.

The elections yesterday thinned the field. Lots of ill will with the Democrats. Not that the GOP is much better. Next Tuesday will answer a lot of questions.

My pal Roy can pick up the blog on his I-Phone. We had lunch today at Riefe's and he checked in on yesterday's entry between courses.

Here's a new one. Pete tells me that he got a communication from the Illinois Toll Road Authority recently with a fine of $168 for a situation when the I-Pass assigned to him was recorded as having passed through a toll in a car not listed for the pass. That's pretty strong auditing. Pete was able to call and get the fine waived, but it sure makes you wonder about how close Big Brother is watching your act.

It's dark and my hunt'n peck keyboarding skills are not very well suited to continue this entry.

So I'm done for a while. Maybe more later.

BCOT

No comments: