Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday

Sunny, but cool. This could be an outside day. I may even break Margret out for a spin around the block.

This is the kind of mid-Winter day when the car washes make a killing. Everybody is tired of driving a dirty car, they're out running a few errands, and it's a natural choice to try to rinse some of the salt off the vehicle. They'll be lined up to the street for the automatic bays where the machines do a couple of pass-arounds. Even the pricier, get-out-of-the-car Miracle Wash-type places will do well today. I may even do a little clean-up on the Buick myself.

The biggest interior problem with cars over the last couple of weeks with all the snow, is the musty old-sock smell inside the car from constantly damp floor mats. I've rotated a couple of carpet samples into the Buick to limit the odor. It can be very cheesy.

And for the diehards, today will be a good one to take down the Christmas decorations. I, of course, don't have to worry about that.

Not much else for now. I may try to add more wisdom later this afternoon.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A washing of my car in one of those gas station places didn't get rid of a strange substance that dripped on my car somewhere. Wd40 and other car cleaning solutions didn't either. I think my car is out to get me this winter...