Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday

Anyone have an explanation as to how half of January can already be gone?

Further evidence of the incisiveness of 4000 Days was on Yahoo's main page today where there was a feature article on the environmental negatives of bottled water. Do you suppose that these plagiarists have my blog on their search engines to make sure that they adequately cover the key topics of the day? (We never did hear from 3 on the C-town bottle-tax question.)

Page 073 of this week's Businessweek has an article on the new economics of self-publishing. The author did a book on a Summer trip, with photos and a hard-bound cover for $29.95. A new start-up company called Blurb has the software, and you can up-load things like blogs. Not that I am all that interested at this point in publishing 4000 Days, but it does give me an idea for future gifts. I'll be checking out the site.

The 14 year anniversary of Daddy's death was last Saturday. The anniversary of the funeral is tomorrow. I'm not sure if I feel like that was a long time ago, but there sure has been a lot of water go under the bridge since then. Subtract 14 from your current age, and consider what things were going on in your life those days. Personally. Professionally. Complementarily, where will you be in 14 years from now? That is the scary side of the equation to me.

I've been dealing with a flying gnat infestation in my house ever since I moved the plants in that had spent the Summer outside. (Are some gnats Earth-bound?) The aerosol spray from Lowe's has been ineffective on two applications, although I have one more can to give it another shot. Nothing like keeping Summer alive in your home by maintaining a gnat-friendly environment.

At what point does a little get together become known simply as "coffee"? As in, "Are you going to coffee tomorrow morning?" Or, "Where is coffee on Monday?" And does the definition or the characteristics change if there are more than two people? In the alternative, can it apply to the activity of a single person? Irrespective of their marital status. (While not necessarily much of a point, Seinfeld could do several episodes on this question.)

It's been a slow news day. What can I say? Sorry.

Have a great evening.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late entry...

Dad is not blogging tonight. He called earlier tonight and though I was near a computer, I was not on one.

I've been organizing my closet and watching the office. VERY exciting!