Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday

Busy day. Monday's usually are.

Still cold here. My pal Bill had a daughter's car not start this AM at a downtown Davenport location. So Bill and my pal Roy and I did our jump-start routine. Using the cables left in the Taurus by 1. (I really kind of owe you for those. They've been used numerous times over the last 18 months.) I remember always having Winter starting problems on the farm. We never had a garage, and the older cars were not all that great at starting in sub-zero, rural Iowa.

The Bears were just awful in the Super Bowl. The game was not as close as the score indicated.

Our Las Vegas readers may have a comment from the local press regarding the over-under bet on the game. The line was set at 48 which meant the 29-17 final score made the under a winner. How do you think the over betters felt when the Colts ran the ball on 4th down at the Bears' 20 with a little less than two minutes left in the game? A chip shot field goal at that time would have made the over guys the winners. Dungy made the right call in not running up the score, but there had to be some very unhappy folks with that decision.

Then there were the nuts who voted on the over-under for the length of Billy Joel's national anthem.

I missed the halftime show as I had to clean-up from my workout. Prince is such a fav of mine.

The commercials that I saw were, as a whole, not much to write home (or to the blog) about.

Jeff Quinney is a young guy on the golf tour who has been close but not able to win in each of the last three weeks. A seemingly humble, nice young man. Yesterday in Scottsdale, he had a two stroke lead with three holes to play, choked, and finished third. Those five foot putts get pretty difficult with a noose around your neck. The dollar impact of finishing third as opposed to first was over $600,000. Ouch!

Speedweeks are underway at Daytona. The Bud Shootout (for last year's various pole winners) is Saturday night. The 500 race is on Sunday the 18th. I know you're excited.

Big Monday. I think it's Rivalry Week. Texas vs. A&M is the second game.

Be careful out there.

No comments: