Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday AM

Sorry about that lack of production yesterday. I got pretty busy in the afternoon and had to beat feet to 5:30 cocktails with a friend from the old days in Rock Island. He and I did some partying many years ago, but we hadn't seen much of one another recently, so it was good to catch up with him.

3 and 4 were through town yesterday afternoon. 3 to catch a plane to Atlanta. 4 to do the driving and pick up the repaired Focus. Things went as scheduled, although there was a detour on I-80 at Walcott that had the girls ultimately see a little more of Davenport than was planned.

The Hawks won again last night and are now officially over-achievers for the season in my book. I didn't think that they would win 15 games. Then again, the Big 10 is not exactly a power conference this year.

The 24 car won the second qualifying race yesterday, but was then sent to the back of the field for Sunday because of a post-race inspection problem. NASCAR is a little touchy these days.

Thanks for the nice comments yesterday.

An interesting migration at morning coffee. I was at the new place this AM and two of the semi-regulars from Duck Creek stopped by and joined me. Now, my Pal Roy is out of town, so there is no main attraction at Duck Creek, but it was nice to see the familiar faces.

More later. Have a great day.

Be careful out there.

No comments: