Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wednesday

Just a few lines today. I'm headed out for another meeting and will not get back to the office tonight.

Had a real good ride last night. 20 + on the hills around DCC, but not on the hill up Wells Ferry as it has that funky surface these days. For some reason I felt strong and was able to go further up different hills without downshifting, or at least not downshifting as early. Must have been the pasta from Monday night, although Kate may beg to differ.

NBA draft tonight. Again, who cares?

I plan to re-assemble the park bench this weekend. I took it apart for the winter and have just never got around to putting it back together. I need to apply a new coat of stain to it first as the sun bleached the original coat away last summer.

AdventureLand made its' way into a number of conversations in KC. I always felt like those were great times for our young family. I continue to have very good memories of those days. The things I would do, like riding the Tornado, for my girls, took me places I had no interest in going. I still smile when remembering Charlie's reply to a statement that we were going to Des Moines, knowing that we were going to stay in Newton. "Dad, it's Newton, not Des Moines,"was her reply with that touch of sarcasm in her voice.

Off to my business. Everyone have a great evening.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

puh-lease! I don't DO sarcasm. duh.