Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday

So anyway, I stopped by the Bettendorf Library late yesterday afternoon to put on an entry because we had lost power at the office around noon and I had been at a client's all afternoon. I couldn't get anyone on the phone so I figured that we might still be out of power. But I got a phone call just as I was pulling into the library's parking lot and that call took several minutes. So I finally get inside, log in, and almost immediately get the "the library will be closing in 10 minutes" warning on the screen. Then about two minutes later, its "the library will be closing in 5 minutes." So I try to complete the sentence that I'm typing and publish, but before I can hit the "send" key, the screen goes back to "Library Home" and I'm screwed. Sorry.

Had fun last night with some friends and some Tuscan red.

Yard work and a 25 miler this AM. Kid triathlon this afternoon and evening. It will be a good day.

Margret was out all day yesterday.

I have enjoyed watching the college world series this week on ESPN. I can remember many pieces of my NCAA tournament expeience as a junior at ND. We played as an at-large invitee team in a regional in Columbus, Ohio with Michigan, Southern Illinois and Ohio University as the other three teams. The tournament must have had 8 regionals at that time with 4 team each place. We got beat pretty good by SIU in the first game, then beat Michigan in the loser's bracket. Ohio had beat SIU in the winner's game, so we played them again and lost 1-0 on a real freaky play. Ohio then beat SIU again for the ticket to Omaha. Mike Schmidt, now in the Baseball Hall of Fame, was Ohio's star. And he was a stud.

I may check back in later today. Lots going on for everyone. Be careful out there!

No comments: