Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday PM

OK. This is a non-fiction entry. And I want my readers to know that I drove across town to get in front of the computer in time to get an entry posted before my ride.

I have been doing one-on-one employee meetings at a car dealer client this week where we are switching the menu of investments offered in the retirement plan. It has been interesting as I talk with young people who I automatically measure against the ages of my daughters, and then talk with older people close to my age who I automatically compare to my situation. I feel old when I am talking to a twenty-four year old mechanic, and I feel just plain odd when I'm talking to a 55 year old salesman who is considering his years until retirement.

The USA crashed and burned in the World Cup soccer tournament. Stop yawning!

The Miami Heat won the NBA title. And exactly who cares?

The Carolina Hurricanes won the NHL Stanley Cup. That's hockey for anyone who's curious.

Steve Alford got a one year extension and a $72k raise at U of Iowa. Now he is really someone to get excited about.

Susan has a local wedding this weekend. I'm sure that she'll have fun. Did you hear that she is training for Bix?

I'm working as a volunteer this Saturday for a kid's triathlon. The organizer is a SB's regular and I helped him get some other people to volunteer. Should be fun. Ages 7-14. He already has 130 kids and they are still registering. It's received lots of local press and word tends to spread among this type of crowd. Are you going to be there, Charlie? A free T-shirt is involved.

So I know that this hasn't been the most exciting entry, but it is progress. My plate has been pretty full. The road to recovery begins with the first step. Consider this that effort.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog love, dad! I like to be connected, too! I miss you a lot and hope you come visit soon!

Anonymous said...

The LT isn't blogging tonight.
Well, he blogged, at the BPL, which evidently has an irreliable Internet service. I could have told ya that. Stay tuned.