Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday

Another non-fiction day.

Looks like the "free coffee" day at SB's will be August 25th. I'm working with two other businessmen to do some promotional stuff and now we have each of our staffs carrying the ball. Its a little bigger than I had originally envisioned. We'll see. The twist now is to make it a charity deal with the customers contributing their coffee money to the event's charity, which will likely be The American Cancer Society. Lots of planning yet to do.

My bike ride tonight will be on an alternate route. They have put down some powdery asphalt substance on one of the legs around DCC, so I'll have to make a small mid-course correction. I fell off my bike when I figured out that I shouldn't try riding on the stuff Saturday. Miner inconveniences. The blackbirds have been mostly quiet lately.

Kate's jumper cables saved another guy at coffee yesterday. His Lexus did nothing but clickety-clickety-click when he tried to start it as we left the restaurant. My pal Roy tried to give some technical mumbo jumbo at first, but then said maybe we should try to jump it. He turned to me and asked if I had cables, which Katie had made part of her emergency gear, so I was right there with them. It fired up at the first turn. Roy commented that you should have cables when you have an older car. As though any of the vehicles in his stable are "older." Thanks for the left-handed tweak, friend.

Our buddy was happy with our work and bought coffee for us today.

I think we have a birthday and a wedding anniversry out in the Vegas household this week. Best wishes.

Oregon State won the game last night. By one run on a North Carolina error in the eighth on a routine throw to first base from the second baseman. Ouch. The Carolina pitchers were throwing aspirin tablets.

Yet another totally meaningless fact, Erin Andrews remains my favorite sideline reporter in sports.

Sorry that I have not added much interesting stuff lately. I'll keep trying.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a run in tonight because I spent three hours cleaning the apartment for company! Some friends were passing through and stopped only for a 45 minutes or so (it was after 10:30)but I feel very productive. Now that they've finally been here, I think they have a bit more incentive to come back. Not that this is a really nice place or anything, but they know what they're coming to.

Also, I noticed last weekend my brake light came on (after I was in Bett) but forgot to tell you, especially in the heat of the keys situation. Hasn't gone off yet.

Someday I'll be motivated to come to coffee. I have plans on August 25th, though. Sorry.

Also, my friend John works at Crow in the snack bar and I told him you played in the member-guest with Roy. He said he hasn't seen him yet, but he knows the ticket. Evidently kid food orders tend to be redundant. Might not be able to pick the family out of the crowd, but he can tell ya what they'll order at the snack bar.

All right, I'm liking the consistency.