Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wednesday

Mid-week. Lots on the table.

I snuck out and got an short ride in over lunch. Somewhere in the 15 mile range on the bike path. I wouldn't call it a great workout, but not bad for the middle of tax season.

I walked out of coffee this morning when Roy sat down and proceeded to open a Sudoku puzzle book. I took offense that he would take himself out of general conversation by puzzling during coffee. Needless to say, I created quite a stir. In retrospect, I probably over-reacted, but it really hit me the wrong way. I value the coffee hour and I took Roy's action as a bit of disrespect of the occasion. Not that we have any rules or anything.

I spoke with him later in the day and made nice. Tomorrow is another day.

Phil called today to say that the bathroom building at the top of Mt. Rose is literally covered with snow...you can't see a building there! There will definitely be snow in the high country when we get there in July for the wedding.

I spoke with a client today who has regular conversations with the investment banking company where Mary will be working this summer. He had very good things to say about them. Interestingly, his association with them arose from the REVCO, Inc bankruptcy.

Thanks for reading. Be careful out there.

No comments: