Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday

Well, a very successful St. Patrick's Day weekend for the 4000 Days clan. That is, discounting the status of everyone's NCAA brackets.

FFF on Saturday night at my place was a big success. We watched the NCAA games, grilled supper, did some Trivial Pursuit, and even shot a little HORSE (actually, PIG) in the driveway. The girls enjoy each other's company, although the best results are often during these short visits when there's not enough time for little things to get under anyone's skin.

We tried to make some summer plans, but the only definite thing that came out was the Thursday night (and possibly Friday night) of the Kansas City wedding. Chicago will have to wait until Mary has got a clear picture of her schedule. St. Louis will be a long shot.

My next two-three weeks will be busy. April 15th gets here real quick as I have lots of responsibilities to attend to on a daily basis.

Good luck to the undergrads and the student teacher this week. Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My two tagalongs and I had a great time. We love spending time in Iowa and wish we were closer. The ride is pretty miserable, especially for those not accustomed to making the trip. (the two tagalongs). There was limited traffic but we made a few more stops. You don't get in as fast, but it breaks up the ride. I'm all for making minimal stops and getting home faster, but to each his own. We actually stopped in Iowa City at the McDonalds that we always stopped at when we made our road trips when we were little. It's amazing that we only got 45 minutes away before someone had to go to the bathroom (usually me). The school days go pretty fast here, and I start picking up hours at the training center this week. Matt leaves for Phoenix on Wednesday, so Lucy and I will have to fend for ourselves. We are very jealous that we couldn't go. I was invited, but my school doesn't have spring break for a few more weeks. Ah, well. I am very much looking forward to the KC trip! Matt and I were talking about how far St. Louis is from here. If we went we'd have to go through Chicago and spend a night and make it a little bit longer trip. Or fly.