Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday

Short again today.

I find myself juggling files all day and come 6:30 at night, I'm not sure if I got anything done. These next 10 day will be lots of fun.

Interesting coaching moves at Iowa and Iowa State for their respective wrestling programs. Iowa fired a guy who has won 2 or 3 NCAA chapionships as their coach, but nothing lately, and Iowa State "retired" their guy and immediately promoted assistant coach Cael Sanderson, he of the perfect college record and the Olympic gold medal. Word is that Iowa State was afraid that they would lose Sanderson to Iowa just like they did with Dan Gable 30 odd years ago. The new AD at Iowa State is certainly not afraid to pull the strings.

Mary and Charlie's sorority made the New York Times' Wednesday crossword this week. The clue was, "Some sorority girls", six letters, and I had the beginning "t", so it was kind of a gimme.

I met this morning with an older gentleman client whose return I have been doing for 20 years or so. His wife passed away 3-4 years ago and he has had his share of health problems as well. But he's still pretty sharp and has several regular weekly things that he does. He was griping this morning that the retiree group/club in his Illinois QC town changed their schedule this year and did not do a Caribbean cruise this Winter and scheduled instead a Summer cruise in the Greek Islands. Not only did that keep him away from a Winter trip to warm weather, but it upped the ante with the airfare to Europe. He likes cruises because it allows him to unpack on the road only once. He had told me the unpacking thing a year or two ago and I find that an interesting adaptation to travel. It is interesting watching these people age and deal with their ever-changing realities.

Are all my stories that boring?

So I'll try to meet with more colorful clients tomorrow. Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is Friday here a the Figge and Friday I'm glad it is!! The real working world can be a headache sometimes, especially when your job is your first and your employer is non profit organization in it's first year of operations. I think the museum has a good chance at succeeding, but everyone needs to step back, breathe and stop worrying so much about everything. We spend so much time worrying that only 1/2 the stuff that could get done gets done.
So a second week of headaches is coming to an end. I spent last weekend babysitting, so I haven't really had a break and I am very excited for the one I have coming!! I'm going to hang out, do laundry, work out and watch movies. Who knows, if I get the motivation I might even clean my room(do I sound like a 12 year old or what?!)!! It's raining out, so I don't feel to bad about staying inside!
Hope everyone else can do the same (dad - give yourself 2 weeks and you can join the weekend world again!!)
Love ya'll!!!