Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday

Here's just a little wisdom offered from the road in Phoenix.

I continue to be amazed at how quickly the body adapts to the time change. Its only an hour difference between here and Iowa, and by this time most days I will have been up for at least two hours. And this group is notoriously early-rising. But not so much here. Not a peep out of my pals.

The short scoop on the trip thus far is that things continue to go well for the Lt. Travel was pretty seamless, although I did take a wrong turn out of the rental car lot and got caught on the wrong side of the airport as I tried to go back to pick up the boys (who had stayed there to get luggage while I went for the car). That and some rush-hour traffic made the drive to the condo a little more exciting than what we needed.

Great weather. Good food and wine. Just what we were looking for on our visit to the Valley of the Sun. (The pic below of the seafood pasta was my meal last night at Maggiano's Italian Restauarant. Good stuff, but maybe not quite on par with Salerno or Verona.




Our pal Roy had arranged a group golf lesson for us with a well-known instructor, Stan Utley. We spent about 3 hours with him yesterday morning. Very cool. He gave us all some great ideas (although my back didn't allow me to do some of the moves he'd like to see me do). In the afternoon, Roy and I just killed pals Ron and Cal. Life is good. Today, my pal Ron is my partner, so he'd better get his swing thoughts in better order!

I noted on Twitter that I successfully completed that patternless crossword on the flight from C-town. I only try to do those when I'm flying through Chicago and have the chance to pick up the Chicago Sun Times (that carries a daily patternless puzzle). There're too hard and really require brain matter. If you can't get the first few clues, its impossible to complete. BUT, if you can make progress on the start, then, because crosswords are symmetrical, you can maybe work up from the bottom as well. And then just kind of fill in the middle. The moon and the stars were aligned Wednesday.

Scottsdale is busy this weekend. The Barrett-Jackson Auto Show (Auction) is in town, and the Phoenix Marathon is Sunday morning. So the restaurants are busy and traffic is on the busy side of normal. We need to be careful Sunday AM to avoid the snags getting to the airport.

I'll add a couple more pics from my phone. Most of my photos have been taken on the mini-digi, and I don't have a card-reader available...so other boring pics of the trip will have to wait until we get back on Sunday.

Grayhawk Talon Course today. Lots of desert.

More later.

BCOT




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad





















1 comment:

Blogger said...

With RentalCars you can get the cheapest rental cars from over 49000 international locations.