Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Tuesday

Obviously, I got waylaid last night and failed to find a computer.  An old friend came into town and we had a great evening over that Domaine Napa Cabernet at Biaggi's.  Good times.

Things have been a little testy on CNBC Squawk Box this AM.  The normal female co-anchor, Becky Quick has the day off after an extended weekend in Omaha with Buffet.   Her replacement, Michelle
Caruso-Cabrera, is considerably less forgiving to guests not answering her questions, and she holds little back from her right-leaning beliefs.  I like her.  Shock!

Props to the Bulls for going down to South Beach and stealing one from the Heat.  Another example of, "Who are those guys?" 

The Senate ok'd that Internet sales tax bill by a wide majority yesterday.  It faces more opposition in the House.  I'm with Buffet and Gates who both came out unequivocally for it yesterday on their live interview on CNBC.  The folks arguing against it are running with some kind of small business logic that is flawed, in my opinion.

My PN says that I have a neighborhood cat living under my deck.  I've never seen it, but the grating on the West side never stays in place.  I thought that was maybe another kind of critter.

If this isn't his birthday, it has to be his tax birthday.  A little tip 'o the hat to Tahoe Phil.

More later.

BCOT

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Bah to the internet tax. Now you're going to kill or hobble thousands of little startups and crafters who will have to file new paperwork, charge and transfer tiny amounts of funds, and generally inconvenience commerce. Internet vendors have to pay shipping which largely negates the pricing advantage, except for bigs like Amazon who sell stuff as loss leaders to get you in their shop (hey, doesn't your hardware store send out a weekly or monthly flyer offering free keys or trash bags, for the same reason?)

If my local shops stocked the stuff that Amazon does, or could get it to me in 2 days for a minimal shipping fee, I'd be buying from them.