Thursday, May 02, 2013

Thursday

I'm giving Top Billing today to The National Day of Prayer, a day that has been recognized for observance by both the legislative and executive branches in Washington, and upheld by the judicial branch at the appellate level.  In a day where the collective media complex seems intent on discounting the validity of
Judeo Christian beliefs, I'm on the side that says our country is weaker when we allow the fundamentals of Christianity to be relegated to archaic status.

May 1st was always a day of recognition of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, during elementary and high school in Ottumwa at St. Pat's and Walsh.  I vaguely recall various things done within the school day to celebrate Mary, including a procession to "crown" her with flowers.  Not sure how that got in to the Catholic traditions, but it was an annual ritual.

Speaking of rituals and flowers, I finally moved my ficus trees and a few other potted plants to my deck last night.  The plants basically "survive" the Winter inside, and then thrive once they get to the real sunshine and rain.  The smaller ficus tree is now over 15 years old.  Tough old broad, fo' sure.

And this move may not have been so wise if we had the weather from Harvest Path.  The pic was from 1's Twitter feed this AM.  Ouch!  2 and I are scheduled to visit Woodbury this weekend.  Really hadn't had snow-covered roads in my plans.

And the new Home Page pic is from my flight on Tuesday from LGA to ORD as we flew over the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. 

More here later.
BCOT

No comments: