Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday

Well, my blogging week has been a bust.  Sorry about that.  I actually had an entry started on Tuesday morning, but I hit a wall of Writer's Block, and it never happened.  Then I was on the road all day yesterday with that Des Moines trip, and that got me to tonight.

One blogging idea that I've thought of several times that I just haven't been able to "put meat on the bone" comes from Garth Brooks' failed experiment to explore an alternative universe with the fictional character Chris Gaines.  (I guess when you make enough money, you can do this kinda thing.)  Anyway, Garth wanted to pursue some music beyond his country roots and invented Chris Gaines to be his mouth-piece.  So to speak.

The one album Garth released as Chris Gaines enjoyed(?) a very tepid reception, and there was no juice to go for a second ride in Fantasyland.  Performers in the various arts have tried different things as their careers have evolved.  Movie stars go to the stage.  They all eventually become authors.  Give Garth some credit...he went where no one else had tried to tread.  And it is now just an insignificant footnote in a widely celebrated career.

I suppose some of my more curious entries here over the years have been presented through my alter-ego LtPC in a way that has given me a platform to air things other than the trivialities of my daily life.  (Then again, Seinfeld did a TV show for nine years, about nothing, that made him a gazzillionaire.)  Life on Maplecrest may not draw much interest from the networks.

Tomorrow (Friday) will be one of the least productive days of the year in offices across the country.  Heck, the Exodus probably started this afternoon.  Memorial Day weekend has to be one of the key sta-cation times of the year.  (I give a 3-5 hour drive the sta-cation designation as well.)  Anyone who shows up to the office tomorrow will be chomping at the bit to exit after 2nd coffee.  The small plus-side is that for those of us who are at work, and make calls to people who have bolted, we have the upper hand on projects when commerce commences next week.  Yeah.  Big deal.

3 and 3.1 get the designation of Daughter and Son-in-Law of the Day for their recent commitment to a condo in NYC!  Lots of water to go under the bridge between now and move-in day next year, but it's still a big deal.  Welcome to the world of the home mortgage!

Looking forward to another venture to Harvest Path this weekend.  2 and I will leave from 1st coffee on Saturday.  The bike is supposed to make the trip.  I wonder how we'll do with the weather?

Thanks for reading.  Make it a great weekend.

BCOT

No comments: