Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday

So I didn't get back here yesterday.  Curious.  But I picked up The W after work for a little exercise.  And then 2 came over once she was done at the museum.  And there was another bottle of that Black Stallion Cabernet.  And the ALCS game.  So there ya' go.

Glad to have 3 back in among the universe of active cell phone users.  Her recent experience proves that a person can get along without a cell phone, but it is inconvenient.  She's converting from Blackberry to the iPhone 5.  I'll be interested to hear her comparative observations on the two sets.

Another change in the Home Page pic.  I like this one taken by 1 last month as 1.01 and I had a few moments with the ducks and fishes near our Caribou Coffee shop in Woodbury before I took off for home.

The RCL was a no-show yesterday, which threw my routine off-center.  I'm assuming that my regular gal (who works Wednesday's) is back on duty, and that the substitute (who worked Tuesday's) is now off the payroll.  If there's a no-show today, I'm in serious do-do.

The hits just keep on coming for Lance.  Nike jumping ship and his resignation from his position at the Livestrong Foundation are the latest nails in his proverbial coffin.  I'm guessing that Nike felt the pressure of corporate citizenship, and that Lance just read the tea leaves on the Foundation's long-range strategic plan.  His current negatives weren't helping either organization.  Below radar is his best trajectory for now.  I suspect that there will be no ultimate winners on this tale.  It looks like we may be in for a segment of cycling eating its own until the media can move on to another cause celebre.


The Yankees are poised to get swept by Detroit in tonight's ALCS.  (They do have CC Sabathia on the hill tonight, and he is a load.)  They haven't been able to hit in the post-season.  Girardi has benched A-Rod ($30 million) again, as well as center fielder Granderson ($10 million).  Cano ($14 million) is 0-for-the-post-season. And Jeter ($15.7 million) is out awaiting surgery on his ankle.  That combined salary total exceeds the total team payroll for several lower tier teams.  And really, there are many players on the Yankees whom I have never heard of before looking at the line-ups here recently.  Its only money, eh?

I followed the debate on Twitter last night as I watched the game.  It helps my blood pressure to read the presentation rather than listen to either of the politicians (or the moderator).  From these reports, it sounds like the O recovered from his poor showing in Debate #1, but all I could gather was that 1)it was still Bush's fault, 2) let's raise taxes, and 3) Romney's against women, minorities and the aged.  Shock.  Has The O done anything to run on?  Does the Buck Stop at Hillary's? 

How many more days do we have to put up with this endless mud-slinging? On Wheel of Fortune, even Big Pharma has lost out on their commercial allocation.  The rate for ad time has to be through the roof.  One investment strategy would be to short the media companies for anything post-election.  Revenue turns South once the vote is over.

Maybe more later.  I need to go get The W.

BCOT

No comments: