Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday

This one's a lay-up.  3 is Daughter of the Day!  Sounds like she is on the road in Vegas.  Hope it is a great day, Kiddo!  (I was looking for a non-wedding pic, and this was my first attempt.  I may try to get another one up later.  I have a few more shots on my laptop...or at least I can find them a bit easier.)

75 here today.  One of those windy Fall days.  Looks like rain for the rest of the week.

Iowa gets Penn State on Saturday. A 7PM game in IC.  With PSU a shadow of its former self, I question the value of a televised night game between these two teams.  I mean, how much good can happen on the egress from Kinnick by 60K after 10 o'clock at night?

I did fail to give recognition on Sunday to the Sooners for the big Oklahoma shellacking of Texas.  2 said she even felt a little sorry for UT.  Right.

No plans to watch the Presidential debate tonight.  Since the performance of things over the last four years has been so mediocre, all The O will do is try to paint Romney as a 1 Percenter with a plan to go back to "the policies that got us here in the first place."  And a Mediscare meanie.  An outsourcer and a man against women.  For 90 minutes.  Bring on NCIS reruns for PC.

My RCL is due in today (maybe still the Replacement RCL).  I picked-up a few things in anticipation of her work, as I usually do, and had to put away five jackets and leave two other light-weight pullovers on my hall tree.  How does one guy come up with that many articles of outer-clothing in a single week's worth of activity?  I ain't that fashion-conscious.  But there was rain one day, and W walks in the dark, and some TT training runs, and a couple of days below freezing.  And I don't have a closet at my entry-way.  Whatever.  Seems like a lot of coats for one person.

The Cardinal-Giants game last night offered another glimpse of the unwritten rules of baseball.  Before the game got out of hand, Matt Holliday of the Cards' took out the Giant second basement with a hard slide that looked a little too-much-so on the replay.  And the guy had to eventually leave the game.  Color commentator Tim McCarver mentioned at the start of the next inning that the umps had conferred between innings, possibly to plan their response when Holliday next hit.

As it turned out, the hitter in front of Holliday got a hit, and with no outs, the Giants played it straight and made no effort to retaliate against Holliday.  (I didn't watch the rest of the game, so I don't know if there was any action in the later innings on this issue.)  My guess is that if there were no runners on base, the Giants may have plunked Holliday with a pitch to his backside, just to deliver the proper response in the situation.  And if the pitch wasn't a head-shot, Holliday should of gone to first without a reaction.  That's the way the game is played.

(We'll see if the Giants pick a spot in a future game to even the score with Holliday.  It could even be next season.  Teams tend not to forget these things.  Kinda like NASCAR: you put me into the wall, you will get there too at some point in the future.)

I'll definitely get back here later today.

BCOT



No comments: