Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday

One of my good friends spends way-too-much time on the Internet.  (Actually, he's not the only one to get caught in that "web".)  He sent out a link earlier this week that is a little scary for anyone thinking that they actually have a little privacy in their life.  Check out www.showmystreet.com.  Once you're there, type in your address, slowly, and be amazed.  You are not alone!

The Armstrong Effect is the gift that keeps on giving.  Rabobank, a long-time cycling team-sponsor from the Netherlands, has pulled the plug on it's participation in the sport, citing the Armstrong scandal as the tipping point.  Hmmm.  Sponsors come and go.  The cost-benefit ratio is always on the table.  But who can blame a company for this decision with the current cloud over the entire sport?  Corporately, it looks like a good choice to me.

I have found myself making a small effort to watch the TV show Person of Interest on Thursday nights.  I kinda of like the two primary characters (James Caviezel was the star of a fam hit, the remake of The Count of Monte Cristo), but I also like the camera work that shows many scenes from everyday NYC.  I especially like their frequent shots in Washington Square Park, where I have enjoyed time with 3, 3.1 and 4.

(One critique of the show this season: they have elected to continue a deep storyline on the bad-guys, and one very nasty girl, in the upper-level of a government-connected Black Ops group that wants control of "the machine".  That's just too confusing to me.  I'm not that interested.  Stick with the cute girls, lost kids and other characters that "the system" has screwed.  At one point, I liked The Mentalist, and then got lost and stopped watching when they kept going back to the Red John storyline.)

Today is the 25-year anniversary (can it be 25 years?) of Black Monday on Wall Street.  It was a 22% loss in one day of trading.  Truly devastating at the time.  But interestingly, the market closed up for the year.  People tend to forget that.

According to my Memory Wall in the basement on Maplecrest, this was the weekend that I visited The Big Apple last year.  Lots of great memories.  Including this night at Restorante Babbo where we were joined by MPP.  @srh4 heads out to NYC today to catch up with the crew.  Good luck on travel.

All for now.  Thanks for reading.  Make it a Good Friday.

BCOT


1 comment:

Kristen Charles said...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220870/Rain-stops-pray-Lourdes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml