Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday

Hats off to the Hawks and the Irish for OT wins yesterday.  Both games could have gone the other way.  Always nice when your team wins those kind of games.

Not many days going by in the last couple of weeks without a supporting player in Lance's entourage coming "clean" with admissions of participation or abetting in the PED program with Postal or Discovery.  On Friday it was a female soigneur detailing her work with Postal in an article in the NYT.  I'm guessing that most of these folks feel like they have cover now with the USADA pronouncement.  Outing themselves probably won't be that big of news in the overall scheme of things, and they won't have to worry about the more aggressive accusers trying to leverage them in future litigation.  My position doesn't change.  Lance has never been a guy I would walk across the street to meet.

Put me on the side that says the NFL has gone a little too far with the "pink" campaign for October.  I'm all in favor of a modest recognition on everyone's uniform.  But the proliferation of pink gloves, shoes, towels, belts, arm bands and sideline headgear has become a bit much for the viewer.  Why not just make a contribution to a breast cancer organization rather than purchase all the pink extras?  Just an idea.

I had put "The Boys" pic up as the Home Page feature last week when I came across it while looking for something in my Sent mail, and commented to myself that it was one of my favorite casual pics of the year.  But enough is enough.  This photo from the night before The Boy's shot merits similar praise.

Happy Tax-Tax Birthday to 3.  The Encore?  Didn't see that one coming.

Just another day of overt pressure here on taxes.  Then the amended return process begins.  My work is never done.

Thanks for reading.  Have a good week.

BCOT






No comments: