Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday

The new Home Page pic was taken last night from the deck of our cruising boat while in the middle of the Mississippi around 2000 hours.  Cool, eh?

The boat trip was the winning prize in a raffle at a charity event last Winter.  I had written a check as a contribution, and my pal Ron's better half, Jane, used that check to buy tickets.  One came home the winner for a captained-and-crewed, 4-hour cruise for 10 on Ole' Muddy.  Last night was the night.  And it was fun.  Which says a lot from a guy who isn't that comfortable away from dry land.  Of course, we did bring our own wine.  Shock!

My RCL advised me that I'll have a substitute provider for 4-6 weeks.  She's have bunion surgery.  Yuck!  I think the gal who pinch-hits when Irina travels to Russia will be taking care of me.  The good news is that my house is small and not very complicated.  And with a weekly engagement, the dust just doesn't get that bad.

So we have the Muslim world upset because of some movie.  But aren't those guys always upset?  Its kind of like there being one guy in your group who always needs to play the touch football game (or street hockey or whiffle ball, etc.) by his rules.  You know, and after a while, you've had enough of trying to be nice and accommodating.  You can't make him happy unless its always his way.  So you stop inviting him to play.

My point being that there has been an unending cacophony of slander against the Catholics in recent years.  That seems to be okay with the Tolerance Police.

Then you have the perv's who decided that the world needed long-shot photo's of a topless Kate Middleton.  Personally, I could care less about this one.  But it seems to be a slippery slope to ban these pics while ignoring the infinite skin of others on the Internet.

In a somewhat similar vein, it seems kosher (note racist term) in American politics to secretly tape a candidate's comments at a private function.  (It's usually more warmly embraced by the Fourth Estate if the candidate has an (R) after his name, and the comments can be spun to a sensational headline.)

I've now lost my train of thought.  That is a very red dress!!

Have a Good Friday.

BCOT

No comments: