Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Tuesday

Still in the heat wave here in River City.  They're projecting the high 90's today.

Here's a preliminary recognition to Old Glory on her Tax Birthday!

We have enjoyed the visit of 4 from NYC.  She heads back this afternoon.  I'm making her Daughter of the Day for taking the detour to the QCA after the bachelorette weekend in the Windy City.  Great to see you, Kiddo!

The Tour de France is underway.  Today was actually the fourth day of racing.  They started this year in Belgium and finally hit Northwest France today.  Lance remains a sideshow to the Tour, even though he hasn't raced there for 2-3 years.  The US Anti-doping folks have brought charges against him, and others, in hopes of proving something.  I lean toward, "Let's move on, people. This might have been news 10 years ago, but now it just sounds like a spite hunt."  And I'm not that much of a Lance fan.

My weekend with The W went OK.  She remains a very needy girl, and she's got her own Summer allergies, but she has a lot of good points too.  The local critter population kept her attention any time that we were outside.  On Saturday night, she was stalking this bunny in my back yard.  This pic was taken with my iPhone and I couldn't get the rabbit in to clear focus, but The W definitely had her pegged.  What you can't see is that W is at the end of her yard leash!

I didn't remember that The Market closes at 1300 EST today.  Should be a slow afternoon here at the office.

Tiger's win on Sunday was a boon to the TV advertisers, and seems to verify that he is "back".  I mean, he's now won three times this year, which translates to a career for half the field in most tournaments.  But he still has his detractors, who basically say he's not back until he wins a major or two.  Again, I'm not that big of a Tiger fan, but that's a pretty high standard.

No big 4th of July plans.  Morning golf, I think.  Rest day from cycling.  My pal Pete and I have ridden each of the last three days, including that DeWitt breakfast run on Sunday, so I'm taking the day off.  2 has Red, White and Boom down on the riverfront tonight.  I try to stay away from the noise.

More later.

BCOT

No comments: