Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday

Really not much to offer today. 

I did pick up my suits from the Jos. A. Banks store at Northpark Mall yesterday.  I didn't even try them on at the store since I knew that if further tailoring was required, I would not be trusting it to them to get it done by our departure date for Tahoe.  Once I got home last night, I tried on each of the pants and, surprisingly, they all fit.  (I had declined the minor tweaking that the tailor had mentioned for the jackets, so their only task had been to make sure that the jackets that I had purchased actually made it to me with the pants.  They covered that bet, thankfully.)

The tailoring was not done at the store.  I had called in last week on the day that I had been promised, and the response had been that they had not received their UPS delivery yet that day.  (They did call me on Friday to let me know that the suits had been delivered.)  So I'm not sure what the seamstress's job is in the store.  Emergency work?  I know that she's not there full time.  Do the sales people not know how to mark-up a suit? 

My confidence level for that store (and their whole chain-wide business model) is not high.  Each cuff, let-out and crease has a separate additional cost.  Rather than a zippered suit-bag, I walked out with the suits covered by the thin plastic sheeting like you get from the dry-cleaners over your shirts.  And the ordering and cashiering were all structured in a way that whoever was ringing things up always needed to ask for help from others.  I felt like I needed to take a shower after the experience.  And I keep seeing their ads on the morning news for "600% Off" of everything (maybe an exaggeration!), and wonder if my 3-for-1 was just not that good of a deal.

Whatever.  Bottom line is that I have my suit for #07282012.  Plus two others for use at dress-up affairs that I have previously had little flexibility to meet the minimum dress code.  (And for the record, I'm taking the Under on the possibility of any future suit purchases in my lifetime.)

My pal Bill and his family spent last week down at Lake of the Ozarks.  He said that one of his temperature gauges registered 110 on Friday.  Wow!  That's Phoenix-eque.

Thanks for reading.  Maybe an update after Fit Club.

BCOT



No comments: