Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday

So I did, in fact, go to bed last night at the end of the 7th when the Cards were down 7-4.  That early departure for DSM just kicked my rear and I was outta gas.  I checked the score at 0130 when I got up for a bathroom break.  A very pleasant surprise.  But like one commentator said, if Texas wins tonight, Game 6 becomes just another good game, not something all that historical.

Hard to believe that it was a week ago that I started that great weekend in NYC.  Funny how time rushes by when there's lots on the schedule.

As noted on Twitter, I went to my first spin class of the season this morning.  That 0900 Friday class will be on my schedule when I'm in town between now and March 15th or thereabouts.  (Maybe 4 can join me on a regular basis when she gets off that graveyard shift and doesn't have an IC work commitment?)  I'm considering the 0800 class tomorrow led by the same gal (who is my fav instructor).

The Bob Roll cycling club dinner is tonight.  I'm guessing that there may be a larger-than-expected crowd.  Although Game 7 may discourage a few race-day sign-ups.  Pics to be posted.

The Do-Gooders in charge of Iowa High School football re-organized the classes in the last year or two and expanded the fields to 32-strong in the large-school division.  (I'm not even Googling the facts because it doesn't merit the time.)  But you have teams with 3-5 losing records in the play-offs!  Let's hand out participation trophies to everyone!

No big weekend plans after this evening.  I'll be adding to the blog for sure.

BCOT

No comments: