Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday

2 has posted some pics from the weekend to her Facebook page.  I'll do some work here this evening.

LATER....

For the record, 3 has a new post up today.

I pulled the Home Page pic off the Internet (Google Images) to add some general curiosity.  I really don't know much about La Tourmalet other than it is in the Pyrenees, and is a frequent climb in the TdF.  Like The Galibier summit on the trip 2 and I took last year, La Tourmalet will be the goal for the cycling side of the trip 4 and I have scheduled for next August.  Details to follow as 4 and I figure out a plan.

The Thanksgiving weekend was a big success.  Few hitches in the giddy-up.  As 3 aptly states in her entry, 1.01 was the star of the show.  Here's one more pic of the sisters from Saturday night.

Anyone do the math on what the missed field goal(s) cost Boise State in the way of BCS bowl game payouts?  In millions?  I mean, there were undoubtedly other plays that mattered, but what will the masses (like me) who didn't watch the game remember?  NCAA football, like no other amateur (?) sport, has huge dollars going to (or from) the participating schools, often the result of the skills of one or two star players.  Or one sketchy kicker.

My Turkey Trot charity event was a big success. Ten matchers in the peanut gallery, and ten matchers from the coffee clatch.  My check was split with most going to the Cancer Society because of an additional matching program that I was asked to join, meaning that my $450 became $900.  And there may have been a separate $75 that my pals Roy, Ron and Nonnie gave on one check, that might have got the additional match as well.  So all told, we raised over $1500.  Suite!  The natural target for next year is $2K.

When I talked to Uncle Phil last week before Thanksgiving, he was describing the snow storm hitting Tahoe.  I checked the ski report today and they had webcams showing the open runs.  Can't say that I miss Mt. Rose this time of year.  (Hope they get lots of snow to replenish the Lake for next year!)

How do the WikiLeaks people get the classified documents?  And why is it better for our country to compromise our Dark Ops?  Do these folks think that the Taliban would just sit around the fire singing Cumbaya if the imperialist Yankees would make love, not war?

All for tonight.  Have a great week.

BCOT







BCOT

3 comments:

camperkev said...

Name the movie reference:

"Einhorn is Brotzman...Brotzman is Einhorn...Einhorn is a man!"

Maybe the balls weren't laces out.

Brotzman may likely be known as the next Ray Finkle. 20,000 people on facebook already seem to agree.

Poor bastard.

Mary Margaret said...

ooh, kev - ace ventura?

camperkev said...

3 is the winner!