Friday, November 05, 2010

Friday

Just a few lines today.  It's Gotta Be 5 O'clock Somewhere.  Never was a big Buffet fan, but he hasn't done too badly being a beach bum for five decades.  Good work if you can get it.

So it was culture night last night at The Figge.  I'll give 2 the nod as Daughter of the Day since she served as our personal hostess for the event which had a SRO crowd in their theater.  The pic is from either the pre or post event cash bar at the museum.

The speaker is on a book tour in Iowa promoting his work.  I thought he gave a very good talk with lots of interesting facts and theories.  I didn't buy into all that he said, but I certainly learned more about the guy who gave us American Gothic (painted in Eldon, Iowa).

The horse is a work acquired last year after a very large showing by a gal who has made a career out of creating unique horses from driftwood-looking stuff.  One of my favorite pieces in the building.  It stands in the main lobby.
.
Then you have the real art consigliere's of the local Bohemian community.  What can I say?  Our eclectic tastes set the tone for the "in" crowd at The Figge.  They definitely want us back.  (Not sure why, but I don't think that it is my bank account that makes us the prize catch for local not-for-profits.)

Have a great weekend.

BCOT

1 comment:

camperkev said...

bring back the HORANIES!!!!!!