Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thursday

 Another day of just a few lines.  It's that time of year.

The Winniferous again spent the night last night with SRH.  I sleep like crap with her in the house.  SRH is used to late night conversations with her girls.  But it was my turn for exercise responsibility.  But it was a misty, rainy evening, so the dogpark was not an option.  So W and I did three miles on Devil's Glen to 53rd and back.  The weather didn't slow her down a lick.  I was again reminded of the hammy, groin, achilles, and a new one, the left gastrocnemius.  (Look it up. Actually, I think I've mentioned it here a year or two ago.)

I've had The Masters on in the background as I worked this afternoon.  Tiger is in the hunt.  (Insert your favorite joke here.)  Actually, the great stories of the day are Tom Watson and Fred Couples, two older guys who are at the top of the leaderboard.  But in golf terms, there's an enternity to go yet. You can lose this tournament on Thursday and Friday by playing poorly, but without a doubt, this is a tournament that is won on the back nine on Sunday afternnon.

I'm headed to Trivia Night over at the high school as a favor to my pal Ron.  I mean, it's not like I volunteered on this one.  Hopefully, they won't be using questions from the modern version of Trivial Pursuit.  And that it won't go on all night.  My attention span may not last long.

In a truly shocking dose of reality, I learned last night that my next-door neighbor (not my perfect neighbor; the other-side-guy) passed away two nights ago.  Age 60.  Cancer.  He was an odd guy.  Kept to himself, his yard, and his family.  Not unfriendly, just not out-going.  Hadn't seen him much this Winter, but you don't see many people because of the short days, the cold, and the lack of kids to keep contact opportunities present.

Age 60.

Live life people.  Don't wait to do something later.  Later may not come.

City on the Truckee.  Tibetan ox.  Asian nurse.  Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?

I'm ready.

BCOT

No comments: