Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday

This entry comes from the Sunshine State. At least the weather is more Florida-like than the 40's when my pal Bill was here last week.

Travel was fairly uneventful. I elected to not check a bag, and that usually makes things a little less variable. (I was called out by security for too big of a tooth paste tube in my dop bag.) Hertz's counter is off site so in addition to the monorail ride from the arrival gate to the terminal, there was the shuttle ride from the terminal to Hertz. I'm not over-confident of finding Hertz on the return trip.

And I am considering paying the fee to join the Hertz Priority Club. Showing up and taking any car without going to the counter is appealing to me. (I've gone to Hertz exclusively now on the advice of my insurance agent who says that State Farm and Hertz honor each other's contracts.)

Auntie 2 is all smiles with 1.01 on Saturday morning. 1.01 is a good baby. With more clothes than all of the aunties! It will be fun to watch her grow.

4 was the big winner at her company's holiday party held last night in Lincoln. Her name was drawn for the 42" big screen TV! Suite. I'm sure will get details later.

I get back home Wednesday afternoon. My RCL is due in Wednesday afternoon as well. According to my math, I've been gone more days than I've been home since her last visit. Does that mean that she'll have to work harder to find the dirt?

I did some math on my 2009 schedule, and I computed that I was away from home 35+ days, probably twice my usual total. Then again, those 10 days in Italia don't occur every year! But since I consider last year one of my best years in years, maybe I need to spend a little more time away from the norm.

Uncle Phil noted that 1.01 just missed being born on the anniversary of GP H's passing, 1/12/94. He's been gone like 16 years. A lot of water under the bridge since then.

All for tonight. Hope everyone has a good week.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.