Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday

I'm not even going to bore the peanut gallery with the details of the return home odyssey. Suffice it to say, air travel remains one of my least favorite activities. The good part is that I did get home on time and with luggage.

3 and 4 earn Daughters of the Day honors with their belated birthday posting on their blog. It was a big hit with the honoree. Thanks to the authors!

The trip to Italy just keeps on giving. I got an unanticipated greeting from Hertz today with a $45 speeding ticket from Turin included. I know exactly where the trap was set. It was clearly posted. And I thought that I was always complying. There's no details on the billing notice other than the date and the location. I'm wondering if it might not just be a money grab assessed against any (and maybe every) car rental.

Big news from Big Mac in StL. I'm guessing that this announcement was planned at the time that he was named the Cardinals' hitting coach a few weeks ago. The next step will be a full press conference at the start of Spring Training, with open questioning for as long as it takes. With Pujols, Holliday and others on his six. Then it will be left to the media hacks to forgive and forget, or try to hang him out as something toxic. What does it prove to put him in a pillory in the town square for ever and a day?

I see where they are canceling Leno and moving him back to his old slot for 30 minutes each night. Can't really opine on this one as I've never watched his primetime show. I'm taking the "over" though on the bet that somewhere, someone is somehow blaming this one on George Bush too.

Hard to believe, but the peloton fires up for real for 2010 next week in the Tour Down Under in Australia. Lance is on the Team Radio Shack squad that is scheduled to take the line. He'll just ride a supporting role there as they'll be looking for some stage wins for their sprinters.

I won't even mention the countdown to Daytona. (Although I may investigate the "gadgets" inventory to hang one on here some where.) I guess I mentioned it. Sorry.

Go0d luck to 1 and 1.1. Keep the Focus between the ditches, 2.

BCOT

4 comments:

2 said...

someone should get a gidget for Ruby. or Tahoe. or my graduation.

Kristen Charles said...

You mean a widget?

Hard to do for Rubes since she'll probs be here before the due date.

Kristen Charles said...

Turns out they're called "gadgets" What are widgets again? Don't they determing how they economy is doing? :-)

We have one for Tahoe. Or just the beginning of July.

camperkev said...

The countdown widget from google doesn't work (or at least I could never get it to work). It's not working on yours either UC. For some reason it nevers seem to be able to save the date when you set it up.