Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday

Winter came back! Snow. Blowing snow. A good night for chicken noodle soup.

The virus on my computer was pretty nasty. The IT guy spent most of the afternoon isolating it, and killing it. Not sure of the dynamics, but the warnings came on yesterday right after I downloaded that most-recent pic of 1.01 from my phone. Not saying that 1 was guilty of anything.

I've got to admit that I generally enjoy Monday nights on ESPN this time of year. Big Monday. Usually a Big East game at 6 CST and a Big 12 match-up at 8. Tonight, the Big 12 game is Mizzou-KU from Lawrence. Not exactly friendly rivals. The downside this year is that Erin may be too big of a star to do sideline reporting for these games. Holly Rowe is easier to schedule.

How bad is Indiana? Losing yesterday to Iowa by 15. At home. Didn't see that coming. But I'm still taking the under on the "5 " line for total Iowa Big Ten wins this year. They have two.

The office phone system is pretty much in place. I now have the ability to forward direct calls from my desk unit to my cell phone. If I can figure out the instructions. One by-product of the new arrangement that Uncle Phil noted today is that the old 800 number has been retired. When we set up the new lines, the consensus was that the 800 number had out-lived it's usefulness. Nationwide cell plans being the main determining factor.

Not sure that the Super Bowl will capture a lot of interest from this end. It's too early to determine if a Super Bowl party is in my future, which would be the primary reason for my interest. There was a time... Pre-costume-malfunction days.

Looks like a trip North and a little modified FFF is on the schedule for this weekend. 3 and 4 get to formally meet 1.01. I'll get to experiment with the computer and phone in a digital roaming environment again. US Cellular (my carrier) rents their coverage in the TC, and I have had trouble getting my office email.

All for this evening. Hope everyone is having a good start to the week.

BCOT

No comments: