Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday

This is not a picture from my yard, but it could be. With temps rising to 70+ today and the rest of the week, things should finally get green.

I can now see the trees beginning to leaf-out. And the daffodil green-sprouts are several inches out of the ground. I'll probably have to mow my yard this week. I think that the first mowing means that Spring has officially arrived.

My goal had been to regress to the old routine and do the blog from SB's this AM, but after reading the paper and checking the news on-line, I needed a change of scenery, so I came back home. Even a little Sunday morning nap!.

I did my second 15-miler yesterday. Included in the excitement was a flat tire less than a mile into the ride. The rear one, of course. Pot-hole related. As I noted in an earlier entry last month, I have the basic skill to replace a tube in the field, but I never make it easy. You need strong thumbs, and my surgically-repaired right thumb is a liability for such a task.

After the repair, I did a side trip to the bike shop to pick up a couple of extra tubes. Murphy's Law would have brought on a second flat if I had dared the Fates and continued the ride without an extra tube in the bag. With luck, I'll go the rest of the Summer without another mishap. Not!

3 did a little getaway this weekend to the Big Apple. And 1 got in an 18 mile training run yesterday in anticipation of next month's marathon in Rochester.

Danica Patrick won her first Indy car race yesterday in Japan. I'm thinking that the same folks who orchestrated the NASA moon walks may have had a hand in this news. I mean, do they really have Indy racing in Japan?

I'll add more here later.

...Later...

Congrats to 2 for her effort this afternoon. Her half is in two weeks in Cincinnati.

My ride will be my last Sunday-afternoon-ride on the bike path until I forget to stay away from the path on Sundays again. I know I've made that same decision before. The Alzheimer's makes me forget. Way too many dogs, kids, and assorted other users with no clue on path etiquette. It's just too dangerous with the ignorant and the idiots.

Took Margret out for a spin. Always a treat.

Hope everyone has a good week.


BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost 11 miles today... :)