Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday

I was on the road in my Buick Lucerne today. Meeting over in the Western suburbs of C-town. Six hours of road time for 60 minutes in front of a prospective client. My rear is sore. I-80 across Illinois is not an easy trip, what with the trucks and all. Lots of troopers out today as well.

2 and I have a wine tasting event this evening at Geneva CC in Muscatine. That's my pal Roy's home club and I have joined there for the Summer. (It's not the club that he recently purchased which is in Kewanee, Illinois. I'm sure I'll play there a time or two as well.)

George Will had a very technical, and interesting, piece in the op-ed page today. I actually read it twice to try to follow the logic, and I am still not 100% sure that I have connected the dots. I'm sure it will be panned by any Obama supporter, but Will makes an effort to put some historical context to Barack's candidacy, and he introduces some patterns that make you think.

Aunt Martha corrected me on Philip's birthday. His obituary had the wrong date. Maybe we should get the Ottumwa Courier to make a 12-year-late correction. The real deal is tomorrow, the 19th.

Earthquake in the Midwest!! California ain't got nuttin on us!

Have a great evening.

BCOT

No comments: