Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wednesday AM

I ended up leaving a little early yesterday to get in a ride before the evening rush, so I was a no-show for the blog.

Decent ride on the path. Not that bad of traffic. I did see my 70+ year old cousin/runner who happened to be taking a break as I rode by, so I stopped and chatted him up a bit. He had over-done it just a little in the 80+ temperature, but was ok. He'll be doing the half on Sunday. I think that he's been retired for over 10 years and running is now his life. Replaced hip and all.

Looks like a good day here. I may try to get out again to ride.

As I left for work around 6:15 this AM, I spied three rabbits in my neighbor's relatively small garden. And the only things to munch on this time of year are fading tulips! Last year, they had to put up a four foot tall fence to keep the critters out. Me thinks that the phrase, "Multiplying like rabbits", may be applicable. I hope that they don't like tomatoes.

3 needs to give us a little "countdown to graduation" biop of sorts. I doubt if classes are an issue on time allocation for her at this point.

I have two other geographically close neighbors putting in new fences this week. One diagonally off my back yard, and the other directly across the street. I think the backyard people have dogs that they want to run, while the new people across the street have young children. I've never been a big fan of fences, but like fences, there are two sides to every story. There's a tendency for fences to more isolate neighbors, particularly when soloists like me do not have the natural attractions of children or pets. At the end of the day, certainly in an Internet-driven society, when there is no other connectivity other than proximity, neighbors can be worlds apart.

More later. Have a great day.

Be careful out there.

No comments: