Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday

The weekend was successful in all respects. Again, congrats to 3 on completing her under graduate program on time and pretty well on budget. Mom and Dad are proud of you!

1 did a nice job running 11 miles in the Distance Classic half marathon in Rock Island yesterday. She needed to get in 10 for her preparation in next weekend's Green Bay half and the race was a convenient route. Plus Dad forked over the $$'s for the souvenir shirt. I also wanted to show support for our newest staff person who was running her first (and last) half as well. Jess did a nice job with a finishing time of just over two hours.

One thing I did notice yesterday was that there were few runners who stopped and walked parts of the way. Heck, when I run two miles, I have to stop several times! So it must have been a pretty competitive field. As expected, our Cousin Fran won the +70 age group.

This was a shorts day for me at the office. The forecast was for 92 this afternoon, and I think we got there. I can beg off that I was dressed for a charity golf outing since there is such an event almost every Monday in the QCA. My Summer dress code is "shorts" most days.

My pal Roy has again invited me to be his "guest" at the local country club's Member/Guest event next month. This is the club that I am an "investor" in since they have refused to return my $7500 equity since my resignation six or seven years ago. They have offered to pay off former members at $0.50 on the dollar, generous souls that they are. Anyway, the Member/Guest event is a fun deal for two days and three nights. Now, I have to get my back in shape so that I neither hurt nor embarrass myself.

4 is on a short time line for her departure to Espana on Thursday. I hadn't really looked at a calendar to realize that she would be leaving so soon. After Thursday, we'll next see her in St. Paul for 1's wedding.

The Giro d'Italia started last weekend. The first three stages are on the Island of Sardinia this year. They fly over to the mainland after today's stage, and head North. VeloNews has an Internet update throughout each day similar to what they do for the Tour. The protagonists this year are some of the same riders from last year, absent Basso who has been suspended for doping. Discovery's team has a couple of strong riders, but I don't think that they seriously believe that they can win a podium position. The Italians on several teams consider this race much more important than any other.

The 24 stole the Darlington race yesterday with a car overheating so bad that it was spitting steam over the last 25 laps.

I'm headed out for a short ride and a little BBQ with 3 and 4. Y'all have a great evening.

Be careful out there.

No comments: