Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesday

Back in the USA. And glad to be here.

The travel day was long, but could have been worse if not for my pal Roy. Our flight out of Cabo was delayed an hour and a half to change a tire on the landing gear. The ground crew would never make it in NASCAR. Then when we got to Chicago, our group was missing about four bags. Forty minutes later, they found the lost baggage trailer. Knowing that we had the delay in Cabo, and anticipating a delay in Customs in Chicago, Roy had called in his plane to meet us in Chicago, which worked out just fine. Our arrival in the Quad Cities was almost on schedule. As I have always said, it's nice to have friends with planes, boats and horses.

Cabo is a wonderful place to visit for golf and relaxation, but I wouldn't want to live there. It's expensive, and, off the beaten track, primitive. I like fish, but not tacos.

I wore 3's Christmas present to me on one day. 1's gift is always with me.

Sounds like 3 had a good time at Tahoe. She'll need to give us details.

Aunt Martha's puzzles came in handy too.

Ohio State showed up last night and played like ND.

I missed the newspapers down in Cabo. We had limited access to the internet, but I still like reading the papers over coffee in the AM. They print a small English tabloid each day for the Gringos, but it's not the same as getting through USA Today, The Des Moines Register, The WSJ, and our local rag. And while our set-up was very luxurious, we did our own Continental breakfast each day which was something less than my preference for a fruit buffet with muffins and other baked goods. But that buffet ran around $25 per person last year so less is more, eh?

Big Monday should be starting next week on ESPN. College b-ball really heats up after the bowl games. It seems like every night has a big game. Life is good. The Oracle lives.

Thanks for reading. Glad to be back on-line.

Be careful out there.

No comments: