Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday

Aunt Martha says that 1 should check out the newly released movie, Freedom Writers, with Hillary Swank. I guess it's a film about a new, young female teacher in an inner-city school. Didn't Michelle Pfieffer star in one called Dangerous Minds with the same concept?

Senator Grassley must have been reading 4000 Days. A lead story in the DM Register today was about his hearing on the validity of tax deductions for contributions to state university athletic programs.

My Saturday online order of Gap jeans was delivered to my door-step yesterday. I was impressed. Perfect fit. I'm a convert.

This could correlate to my days in C-town at AA & Co where I ordered my dress shoes from the shoe-shine guy who would come to your desk to take care of your shoes. He had catalogs and it was perfect shopping for a man.

I'm targeting Saturday as the start of my Spring Training. I figure I'll do bike training and rowing in my basement gym. My health level has returned to normal and I need to pick up the baton.

For the cycling fans, The Tour Down Under started this week in Australia. Not very many of the big names are there, but several of the big teams have sent some of their second-line guys. And the Australians have their stars all in it. The sport still is on it's ear with drug investigations. I don't know if they can get the testing coordinated enough to drive out the cheaters.

An interesting story in USA Today today or yesterday about how blogs have taken the place of diaries, particularly of teenage girls. I didn't read the entire article, but it is interesting how blogs can today open up some communication lines that in many cases never found their way out of the locked diary book. It is still hard for parents and children to have a full-disclosure relationship, but a blog is a powerful tool to at least get some thoughts out there for each generation to digest.

2 has elevated her game as the museum's sommelier (wine steward) such that they gave her the responsibility to pick the wine for the company Christmas/Holiday party to be held this weekend. Good for her. A hint: stay away from the Boone's Farm.

I had planned to get the Taurus tonight so that I would have it to drive in this lousy weather. But 2 advised me that Thursday night is a big tube night, so the exchange will have to happen this weekend. If it's not Big Monday, Super Tuesday, or ACC Wednesday, what's the deal?

Just kidding.

But with that in mind, I know that for most of you this evening it will just be about moving from the couch to the chair to the kitchen and other such back and forths. But even so...

Be careful out there.

No comments: