Monday, January 15, 2007

MondayAM

Sunday just didn't happen. I was out and about in the AM, but with 3 and 4 headed back to IC, I spent the early afternoon with them, and weather coming in late in the day, I chose to stay on the couch for the evening.

I am finally approaching the high 90%'s, health-wise. It's been a long time.

Looks like we have Winter again. Ice and snow here. Low temps for the rest of the week.

1 says that she is doing a half later this month. With her base, a half is just another long weekend workout. I'm envious.

MLK Day today. The markets are closed as are all Federal offices. 2 says she has the day off at the Figge as well. Accountants have never participated in this holiday. Very poor timing.

Lots of pro football over the weekend. Amazing how many games come down to the kicker. He tends to be one of the least athletic guys on the team, but as the time winds down, he's always in the spotlight. The kid for San Diego (an Iowa grad and a Pro Bowler this year) missed from 54 yards at the end of their game. If good, the kick would have sent the game into OT. He had made 25 straight on his home field this year. Hadn't missed. But it will be this last one that will be remembered. Ouch.

I went online over the weekend to order some jeans. I have always had a problem with off-the-shelf sizing because most stores stock only even sizes beyond waist size 34. I've almost always been a perfect 35. Gap and Old Navy have previously had the odd numbered sizes, but the current inventory at the local Old Navy outlet had nary a 35 on any shelf. Let alone in a style that I might wear. Gap.com had my size and in basic "old man's" styles. So I became a Gap credit card holder and placed the order for a net of just under $40 per pair, including free delivery. What a deal.

Work calls. Havea great day out there.

I'll get another entry posted later today.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

online shopping can get addicting. there are always better sales, and you rarely have to pay shipping! i love it! we actually got some snow last night; the most so far this year. i was very glad i didn't have to drive to work today. instead, i will be putting the finishing touches on the final i will be giving my students. (and being thankful that i don't have to take one!)