Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday

Not a lot going on in the 52722 for LtPC this weekend. There was a certain hangover effect from last weekend's travel, and I made a conscious decision to hang close to home in the evenings. I be gettin' old...er!!

Great visit from 4 for a few days this week. She had some comp time at work and decided to re-charge in the Hawkeye State. She is DAUGHTER OF THE DAY.











That little visit over to Iowa City on Tuesday night was a hoot. Airliner pizza is a no-brainier...although I think I do like the deep-dish option rather than their standard crust. How 'bout that rock-star parking?








Golf with my pal Ron on Saturday was financially and personally rewarding. For not having been on the course in a month, I played well, and got into Ron's pocket for $4. Better yet, he didn't have convenient cash on hand...which means he OWES me. There won't be a lot of golf in my future this year. So much stuff to get done, places to be, yada, yada, yada. As the carrier flight-director on Top Gun would say, "The pattern is full."

The visit to the Sunrise this morning was an expensive one.





As I may have intimated in recent conversations, the BEATER is on the way up the exit ramp. There was an issue last week with a leak of transmission fluid...and I told the PN that I would spend no more money on it...and that he could contact the guy at his church who fixes and sells old cars (to benefit the church) that they could have at the Taurus. If they elect not to take it, it goes to a salvage yard.

So anyway, at a farm that we rode passed this AM on the way to DeWitt, there was an old F-150 sitting in the drive-way with a "For Sale"sign in the front window. I stopped briefly to check it out, and decided that there was a chance that something like that could be my new "back-up" vehicle. After lunch, I took a drive out to that farm, ended up taking the truck for a test-drive, negotiating on the price...and buying the thing!! I don't take possession until next weekend.

It's old...a 1996...standard size cab and hauling box...4-wheel drive (of course it is!)...white...only 110,000 miles. Other details and pics will follow after it comes to Maplecrest. I'm excited😀

I'm also excited about the FFF coming up that first weekend in September. I agree with 1 that we need t-shirts. That means that 2 needs to get busy with design and ordering! I'll supply the financing.

This course that they played the golf tournament on this weekend in Kohler, Wisconsin is just sick. It's crafted along the shores of Lake Michigan, and from the air, it looks like some fairways occasionally interrupting sand dunes, gorse and ravines. And these guys play it from the furthest-back tees ("the tips" in golfer lingo), and the winner ( good-guy Jason Day) is 20 freakin' under par. Insane.

This is State Fair week in Iowa. All of the politicians ( and The Donald) are stopping in to make their case on the "soapbox". Really, does anyone care? I gotta say, I did catch a little of Bernie Sanders' shtick from his fair presentation that was on Fox News yesterday when I was driving back from Muskie, and exactly WHO is going to pay for everything that this guy wants available to everyone...for free?


Why wouldn't the unemployed, under-employed, non-ambitious, lazy and entitlement-demanding others want Bernie as their leader?

And staying on politics, a telling point that actually raises even more questions on Hillary's work at State to me is, if there was no classified data on her home server's 50k+ emails, how did she do ANY State business? I mean, how can the Secretary of State NOT have classified email? Whatever. If the U.S. elects HRC, they deserve what they get.

So this week is a big production week for me at the office. Lots needs to get done and out the door. The Dog Days of Summer for me.

Hope it is a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: