Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday

I had a few minutes and chose to update the Home Page pic with one I took from the Incline lookout as I began my trip back from Tahoe on August 10th.  That view always makes an impression, eh?

It may be the last day of August, but Summer returned today with a high near 90, and they say this week will all be the same.  At least with tomorrow being September (!!!), the heat will not be with us forever.  And the nights cool down for decent sleeping.  The glass is more than half full...:)

I'll save the details, but I've had two visits to my family doc over the last couple of weeks to clean out my ears.  The first visit for my right ear was a necessity as hearing shut down on that one and it was either a squeeze-me-in-appointment with my doc or a drop-in to Redi-Med.  Let's just say that the remedy was relatively painless...but not pretty.  He told me to try some drops on the left ear and then come back in two weeks to see if the drops were effective.  They weren't.  But my hearing is now fully normal.  And they did have to bring in a HazMat team to clean the examination room.

Yeah, I didn't even come close to watching the video awards show last night.  Isn't there a limit on how many times the same reality-show fools get camera time?  Really, people!  Let's find other topics to occupy leisure time.

I've begun making my lists for Barcelona.  On that first trip 2 and I took in 2009, we had to turn around right after we got across the Mississippi Rive bridge (we flew out of ORD) because I remembered that I had forgotten my cycling helmet!  And the trip's primary goal was the ride up the Galibier! 

When I travel, I have one mental checklist for drugs, another for hygiene items, and one for electronics.  And I've done okay with those items in recent years.  But with a cycling trip, a whole other checklist comes into play with the gear, the clothing, etc.  And with Europe, you have the over-packing-urge to beat down.  2 has helped me get better with that over the years.  But getting a head start on the checklists is a good way to avoid panic on the day before departure.


All for this evening.  Have a great start to September!

BCOT

No comments: