Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday

Obviously, I've been deficient here as I've done my travel over the last couple of weeks.  The pics shown in the earlier post were from my iPhone camera using the Blog Press app.  I haven't figured out an easy way to get those shots taken with the phone onto the blog.

First things first. 1 gets a designation as Daughter of the Day for her Sunday birthday.  It was a fun day with a nice little party on Harvest Path.  Family.  Presents.  Party hats.  Birthday cake.  A good time was had by all.

I was pleased to get out for bike rides each day in Minnesota.  None were longer than 25 miles, but progress is progress.  The TOMRV ride to Galena is now less than two weeks away, so every mile in the book is a good mile.  This is the third year in a row that I have made the trek to Woodbury for the Memorial Day weekend with the bike.  I can see that tradition continuing for a few years.  The Woodbury area has lots of bike paths and roads with wide shoulders that make road-cycling less stressful than most places.

One down-side to traveling on the Memorial Day weekend is that I miss attending the ceremony over at Arsenal Island.  Its usually a pain to get to, and the speakers are almost always forgettable.  But it is Memorial Day, and the fallen soldiers deserve an effort in recognition.  I may make a trip over there this week as a make-up date. 
Speaking of cycling, the Quad Cities Criterium was held today at a new venue in the Village of East Davenport.  This is an event that they've had for close to 50 years, but the race has been on life-support in recent years at its location in downtown Rock Island.  (My firm was the primary sponsor of the race for a couple of years, but I elected to not renew the contract due to what I thought was substantial mis-management.)  They brought in a new race director last Summer and he immediately started to shake things up.  I liked his pitch and threw a little cash their way on a non-public basis.  I'll be curious if they consider today a success.

Here's a shot of 1.01 on her new two-wheeler (with training wheels...for now).  It shouldn't take her too long to catch on to the deal.  She doesn't like to not be able to do stuff, and she's a little miffed right now at the breaking business.  But in a day not far from now, she'll figure it out...and she'll be off to the races (so to speak!).

How's this for the "Hard to Believe" category:  I had to turn my air on tonight!  The outside temp is still in the humid mid-70's...and there's no way I could sleep in that damp heat.  I sure hope that we don't just by-pass Spring after that long-in-the-tooth Winter.
The departure pic today on Harvest Path was not well-received by those under age 5. 

So my goal this week is to hit the blog at least three times.  A guy has to have a goal.  Lots to do at work to wrap up the month.  Man, what happened to May?

And finally, in the "What its Worth Department", by the time we make it to Tahoe, the original 4000 days will be down to triple-digits.  That's a bit of sobering math.

Make it a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT

No comments: