Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday

Really thought I would get something up here over the weekend, but somehow it didn't happen.  My house guest throws off my equilibrium.  No necessarily in a bad way, but she definitely introduces additional considerations into my routines.  She misses 2.

My pal Ron and I had our first golf match of the season yesterday, and I came home $2 to the good.  I'm not sure if my back or left knee hurt worse today, but the result was a suite outcome.  One of the keys to my success was my new fairway 3 metal (can't call 'em "woods" anymore) that I bought online last month.  I'm calling it my "Ron Killer" a la a wedge in my bag called "the Roy Killer".  Should I be naming all my clubs?  Interesting idea.

The W presents a variable daily activity level that reminds me a little of the "Sundowner's" condition that elderly people will sometimes exhibit at dusk.  Mother was often anxious and a bit over-animated as the day transitioned to evening.  With W, its a mid-day thing when her body seems achy and she's much less spry.  But for that first early morning walk, she's tearing at the leash, and about the same in the evening.  There's something to the timing of her comfortableness.

Big win for the 24 on Saturday night in Kansas.  I didn't see any of it as there was a party over at Ron's for his birthday.  The 24 is having a great year.  The almost bigger news was Danica finishing 7th after having run with the boys at the front all night.  Good for her.

Another bright idea came to me last week that could be a financial break-through in these times of low interest rates.  I'm calling it the the Dunn Savings Solution.  The coffee shop keeps a standard gift card for me at the check-out register.  At this point in our relationship, I walk into the shop and someone usually just automatically starts to prepare my Americano.  I'm pretty sure that they don't always remember to charge my card each time.  I routinely throw $20 on to the card once a week or every 10 days to make sure that I'm not a liability to the shop.  I rarely ask for a balance receipt.

The long and the short of this cozy relationship is that my card balance keeps growing.  If we look at my daily coffee as my return on investment, and my routine funding as additional savings, I think we're talking about a new financial instrument.

All for tonight.  Long day on the road to DSM.  Rain.  Our ground was dry.  My sump pump has finally spooled-up.  Good or bad?  Well, mostly, I'm glad it works.

Make it a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT

No comments: