Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Tuesday

So these are some random pics from the last few days.

This first one is of sun-up on Sunday morning around 0630 a few miles North of Davenport, taken with my iPhone. It may become the Home Page pic if I can get it moved over to a PC in decent shape. It was a very neat skyscape at the time.





Obviously, this next one is taken while going 80 on I-80 on the way back from IC Saturday around 1800 hours. iPhone again, one-handed...which explains the angle of the dangle.




Here we have the Hawkeye March at the start of the game. Even if they play so-so, they have a great entry! I tried to Twitter this and other pics from Kinnick, but the mobile traffic had the airwaves on overload. Even messages and text-only tweets were delayed at times. I'm sure that there was some statistical support to attest the timing of timeouts based on Twitter-flow.




I snapped this one (from the iPhone also) one morning last week on the early ride near Davenport Country Club. There's a break in the trees that opens up this window view from the ridge line above the river of the lock-and-dam on the Mississippi below. I've seen it over the years and it always reminds me of a scene out of a war movie like The Dirty Dozen where some guerrilla soldiers go behind enemy lines to blow up a key bridge or ammo dump. (I may try to go back and get this shot with my "good" camera to see is I can get the zoom-focus and clarity a little better.)




And just for those few who might not have seen the Twitter post this morning, here we have the Taurus headed to the shop. It's never good to see your car taken away on the back of a hauler!






For the record, I'm a big supporter of the US military. Watching the current exercise in Washington, listening to all the posturing, and reading the contorted logic of historical Doves switching sides, all exclusively for the political protection of the current President, is an outrage.

Great weather day here in the QCA. Hope it was equally enjoyable in your neighborhood.

All for tonight. Thanks for reading.

BCOT


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: